Noriel and friends

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Continued story plus another gripe about the secularization of Christmas

Where did I stop last time. ummmm oh yeah, Christmas eve, my cousin Morgan was hyper and very possibly made my friend think I'm a lunatic and said friend will no longer talk to me- those messages are the only reason I can think why. Either that or he died- unlikely. Or his phone is dead- for a whole week? Also unlikely.
but anyway

Christmas day- nothing much, we opened presents, hung out, went skating on the pond, ate good food, watched a movie. Over all good time

Tuesday- still at grandmother and granted went to cabelas for a long time, ate lunch at culvers went to The Nativity (good movie btw, worth going to see) then came home.

Wednesday- everybody came to our house and then we all went to IKEA and then MOA, did not go on rides because my cousin was sick, so we just went shopping and we took graham to lego-land (whoa! Just noticed as I was typeing legoland that if you take of the "nd" and add "s", you get legolas!) and at old navy i got new pants! They are supah comfy! and we went to bath and body works where they had a mega sale, so we got some stuff. I love bath and body works, they have really good smelling stuff. My fave lotions are from there- 'brown sugar and fig' and 'pink grapefruit'. And i like the 'pomegranate martini' body spray. very good

sorry about all that about shopping, I would probably not care to read about that stuff on someone else's blog so thanks for reading it here even if you didn't relish it.

on Wednesday night we watched sense and sensibility. also an excellent movie. i loved it. I need to add it to my favorite movie catagory on my profile.

Thursday- Texas cousins left. i don't know what else we did that day.

Friday- nothing really happened

Saturday- nothing really happened- we went to church thats about it

Sunday- LOTS happened.
1) we went to my friends house and hung out there
2) IT SNOWED!!!!! A LOT!!!!!! AND IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
3) went to the LOCK IN at my church!!!!!!! was so fun! had a blast! went to bed at 7:30 am on monday :) I'm really proud of myself for staying up all night :) at the last lockin i fell asleep during the movie- Princess Bride. I was very ashamed of myself. but i did much better this time. :)

Monday- once i got home i slept 'till about noon, then took a shower and we went to my minnesota cousins' house and hung out there for the afternoon. lots o good food and me and my cousin philip played the Return of the King board game. it was fun, but kinda confusing :) we figured it out eventually though.

Tuesday- today i am chillin' and doing hw, thank you notes, and practicing- and blogging obviously. i also took the dog for a walk. i should learn how to embed pictures. my dog, Elsa, is the greatest. :)

thats the end of the story, now comes the gripe.

I think we all know the term X-mas. it seems harmless, just a way to fit more into a small space. but it's taking the most important part of the word and replacing it with a variable. It's perfect for our anti-christian national view. Hey everybody! Let's take CHRIST out of CHRISTMAS!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr. If you take CHRIST out of CHRISTMAS then there is no reason to have or celebrate it, because Christmas is about Christ's birth and with out Christ, there is no Christmas! GOT IT? Good.

Merry CHRISTmas y'all!
(I know it was a while ago but i wanted to send my point home)

Happy New year!

Bethany

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home